My name is Carrie and I am a wife, mother, mother-in-law, dog and cat lover. I have been cooking for my wonderful husband for over 30 years and he has tasted many recipes I have made good and bad. We made a huge life change in 2005, moving from western Pennsylvania where we were both raised and lived all our lives. We moved across country to Oregon and live a mountain life in the foothills of Mt Hood. I have discovered that Oregon is full of wonderful farmers markets and fresh products all year long. I am an avid canner and preserve as much as I can to have that fresh taste of Oregon throughout the year. Here are a few more tidbits about me.
* I am a county fair junkie and have been entering baked goods and my canning for over 30 years
* I have been collecting cookbooks since the day I was married and have over 550 and still collecting
* My most favorite place to find cookbooks are at estate sales
* I have two wonderful son’s, one awesome daughter-in-law, have I already told you I have a wonderful husband
* I have a cute Australian Shepherd named Sage and two cats, Sydney and Misty Blue
* My newest joy is my baby granddaughter Adalyn!